(strozzapreti con capesante e pesto)
Preparation time : 40 minutes + 10 minutes cooking time
Ingredients for 4 servings
- strozzapreti pasta 12 oz (350 g)
- scallops 4 large
- extra-virgin olive oil 1 tbsp + 2 tsp (20 ml)
- parsley, minced 1 tbsp (0.5 g)
for the fish sauce :
- white fish (hake) 31/2 oz (100 g)
- carrots 24/5 oz (80 g) about 11/2 small
- celery stalks 21/2 oz (70 g) about 2 medium
- onions 51/3 oz (150 g) about 2 small
- flour 4 tbsp (30 g)
- unsalted butter 2 tbsp (30 g)
- water 41/4 cups (1 L)
- salt and pepper to taste
for the pesto :
- fresh basil leaves about 11/4 cups (30 g)
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated 2/3 cup (60 g)
- aged Pecorino cheese, grated 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (40 g)
- pine nuts about 1 tbsp (10 g)
- extra-virgin olive oil 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp (200 ml)
- garlic 1 clove
- salt to taste
- Blend the basil, pine nuts, peeled garlic, and oil in a food processor. Then add the two grated cheeses and mix well. Season the pesto with salt to taste and refrigerate it.
- Boil the vegetables and fish in 11/4 cups of water for at least 20 minutes. When the broth is done, strain it and set it aside for later use.
- Start the cream sauce by melting the unsalted butter in a pot. Add the flour, whisking continuously, and let it cook for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add 2 cups (500 ml) of fish broth. Let it cook until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Clean and cube the scallops, and sauté them in the oil. Boil the pasta in salted water and strain it a few minutes earlier than the time indicated on the package instructions. Combine it with the pesto, scallops, and a few ladlefuls of cream sauce.
- Transfer the pasta to a greased baking dish and bake it at 350° F (180° C) for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with minced parsley and serve.