Peach Jelly (Momo No Jelly) Recipe
Peach Jelly (Momo No Jelly)
- 4–5 long strips of agar-agar
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 330 g (11/2 cups) sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh white peaches (from about 2 small peaches), cubed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 eggs (egg whites only)
- Rinse the agar-agar in cold water. Place agar-agar in a saucepan and cover with water, setting aside to soak for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bring the agar-agar and water to a boil, cooking until dissolved, and stir in the sugar until completely dissolved.
- Add the peach pulp and the lemon juice and set aside until completely cooled.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold in the cooled peach mixture. 5 Pour into a shallow dish and chill in the refrigerator until set. Cut into small squares and serve.
Agar-agar is a vegetable gelatin made from a type of seaweed. It is commonly used as a stabilizing agent to thicken ice-cream, jelly and pudding. It is readily available in the dried foods section in food stores, and is sold as thin strips packaged in plastic packets.
Preparation time : 50 mins
Cooking time : 20 mins