- 4 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 large pasteurized egg whites
- 10 tbsp. (125 g) sugar
- 1 cup (250 g) mascarpone
- 5 tsp. (25 ml) brandy (optional)
- 1 cup (200 ml) sweetened coffee
- 8 savoiardi (lady fingers)
- unsweetened cocoa powder, as needed
- In a bowl, beat the eggs yolks with most of the sugar, heating the mixture slightly in a heatproof bowl that fits snugly over a pot of barely simmering water. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites with the remaining sugar.
- Stir the mascarpone into the egg yolks, then add the stiff egg whites and carefully fold so the mixture remains light and frothy.
- Dip the lady fingers in the sweetened coffee (if you wish you can add a little brandy) and place them in the bottom of a dish (or in four small dishes or glasses). Then pour in a layer of the cream mixture and continue alternating layers of biscuits and cream. Refrigerate the tiramisù for about two hours.
- Garnish with a generous sprinkling of cocoa.
Preparation : 30 minutes
Resting : 2 hours