This Italian classic is made with potato flour and is as light as air.
Special equipment :
- 8 in (20cm) round springform cake pan
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus extra for greasing
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup potato flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- confectioner’s sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease the pan and line the base with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, or an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk the eggs, egg yolk, sugar, and vanilla extract together for at least 5 minutes, until thick, pale, and at least doubled in size. Gently fold in the potato flour, baking powder, and lemon zest, then fold in the butter.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25–30 minutes, until the surface is golden brown and springy to the touch, and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for 10 minutes in its pan, then turn out to cool completely on a wire rack. Remove the parchment. Dust with confectioner’s sugar to serve. STORE The torta will keep in an airtight container for 2 days.
Prep : 20 mins
Cook : 25-30 Mins