Low-Carb Taco Salad Recipe
This low-carb taco salad recipe is healthy, easy to make, and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s packed with delicious southwest flavors!
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 medium red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese blend
- 1 avocado chopped
- Handful little tomatoes halved
- 1 small head romaine lettuce torn into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (see note)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
Add the olive oil, beef, and spices to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, using a spoon to break the meat up into smaller pieces (and stir often), for around 7 minutes or until it’s cooked through.
Meanwhile, prep your other salad ingredients and add them to a large salad bowl.
Add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk them together.
Once the ground beef is cooked, sprinkle it over the salad. Add dressing and toss. Serve immediately.
source : https://www.saltandlavender.com/